.

Modelling in Islam - Modelling with a passion

MODELING - A Life's Lesson 




 
When we’re born we’re stained into a spiral of traditions, religion and race
What happens when that child takes her respect for her religion and passion for modeling and puts her heart in what is produced?
In this interview I’ll be talking with a young Muslim model who hopes to set an example by telling girls
“You don’t need to show off your body to be beautiful”
Beauty to me is defined by the person’s soul then their looks, without their soul they’re just the embodiment of a “doll” so let’s get started:



This is Fatima Mohammed born on the 24th of September 1995 and is a devoted Muslim with a passion for modeling






In this Interview I've asked Fatima about her life and religion and why modeling has impact her life:



  Me:

#1: what made you decide that, well you want to model??? Friends, family? You have a strong passion for it so tell us what has drawn you to it?

Fatima
#1) I decided I wanted to model because I just love myself and it’s a way to get out and express myself clearly. I love fashion and wanted to become a fashion designer and model but never got the opportunity. Now that I’m getting the opportunity I’m “jumping” at it and will make the best of it. Also, a friend once said to me that I have such a great personality and my smile is so radiant you should be a model! That inspired me even more.

Me:
#2: how has religion (wearing your Hijab ect) has made you different from the rest of models who strive to show off their bodies without another thought as how it’s affecting them?

Fatima
#2) I really love my religion and as a Muslim, women like me are not allowed to show their body. We are taught to dress modestly. I’m not a perfect Muslim, but I do my best. Hijab has made me unique from everyone else. It goes two ways-religion and fashion because I do like to step up in everything I wear and add my own fashion ideas as well. Wearing a hijab doesn’t make me any less beautiful of a person than someone who shows cleavages and skin! Once I know to myself I’m beautiful, then that’s all that matters and no one can change that. J




Me:
#3) ok so Education wise, what are you doing? Even if modeling doesn't work out, what's your "back up" plan? Or would you do each equally?

Fatima
#3) I’m currently pursuing my bachelors of education at the UTT teachers college in Corinth. I will like to do each equally if it allows. If modeling doesn’t work out, my plan is to become a person who can inspire our future generation but it just won’t be in fashion but teaching then. That’s why I’m doing my bachelors in education.

Me:
#4: “who is your role model? Which individual or Individuals have made you rise above the rest and made you say "if I want to be a model, I will be a model!"


Fatima
#4) Actually I don’t have a role model. I just love being me. I want to make my own style. Fashion inspires me a lot. To be looked upon by the younger generation coming up and become a role model to some inspires me.







Me:
#5: what are your plans for the future, with this article you've bound to get some response!"


Fatima
#5)  Plans? I have none really other than what I mentioned above. I’m just a normal “hijabi” who has a passion for fashion and modeling, and I’m trying my luck because I believe that you don’t have to show your body to be beautiful and that’s not the meaning of modeling.



Me:
#6: what message do you have for the rest of these girls out there Muslim and NON Muslim? What words so you have that they should listen to?"
 
Fatima

Just be yourself and be who you want to be. Don’t follow dreams of someone else. Make your own and don’t let anyone stop you if you have the right intentions. Keep chasing it. Being modest isn’t just for Muslims. It’s a way of self-respect and honour  to yourself

 

 

 












Interested in Modeling?
are a new Local Artist?


CONTACT ME @:

Phone 3619614
BBM: 276D8A04


 Join The Movement ------>
facebook:
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Business owners Sign up here for Free


Can You Have More Sales, Too?
Helping over 120,000+ businesses like yours raise profits and build customer relationships using AWeber's opt-in email marketing software for over 10 years.
Take a Free Test Drive today!
Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Trending Articles This Week

Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Take a look at our favorite products which are at discounted prices now

Our Favorite Books

Check out these deals

Pellau Magazine. Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

THIS SITE CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY CONTENT FEATURED ON THIS BLOG UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO IT'S RESPECTFUL OWNERS, I.E WRITERS/PHOTOGRAPHERS INDICATED PER POST. IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE CONTENT AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS BLOG PLEASE CONTACT US, PROOF INCLUDED AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED. Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.