.

Tricking - Trick or Treats?

 The Next Generation


TRICKING 

 

 

“if I got nothing else at all from martial arts it would be that move” - Kester Smart seeing a 540 for the 1st time...






Hardcore... that's the word I would describe Mr. Kester Stephan Smart. Born on December 26th 1988 in Sangre Grande, this guy's field of passion is daring non the less, and entertains and motivates lots of individuals to try this sport. Had the chance to get in touch and get to know Kester, his personality is down to earth where as his body is flipping in the clouds!This interview is to let fans know what Tricking is and its a treat for the fans who already know what it is, a chance to hear from a well established Tricker!!!!


 *(This interview has been done using social media: Facebook, to show the beauty of THE NEXT GENERATION)



 ME:
#1: "Tricking" for the fans who love it and the people who do not know the meaning, what is it??

Kester:
 #1:Tricking is an underground sport. Trickers are the practitioners. It was started by martial artists all over the world including Trinidad and Tobago - The Pioneers. It has been linked to Capoiera, Parkour and Break Dancing, in that it combines all these sports and gymnastics and that’s what makes it such a superb sport that cannot be ignored. It consists of elements of capoeira in combinations of moves like btwists and parafusos; parkour because you can do it anywhere and use the environment to your advantage like wall flips; break dancing because you can add extra flair by incorporating ground moves into the arsenal – these moves usually being battle moves. These battle moves actually show some more style to win over judges in competitions called Trick Battles. Moves like coindrops and windmills brought a spice like none other to the field of tricking and of course gymnastics backflips and full twists galore.


#2: What made you get into this type of Field? Is it the rush or the passion for it?

 Kester:
#2 Oh this is funny, in form three at Eldo Blue *big up eldo blue* my friend Pravir taught my friend Itachi and I, two tricks while we were deciding whether to start karate and one day his martial arts team came to do a demonstration and I saw a 540 and said to myself “if I got nothing else at all from martial arts it would be that move” and I started martial arts loved it then Capoiera then gymnastics and tricking fell into place so in short my passion is in entertainment my rush is lifting off and landing a new trick.

#3: What's your greatest accomplishment in this Field? Who has supported you to reach this far?!

 Kester:
#3 That would have to be my ongoing performances for Machel Montano HD I’m proud of that each year at carnival it still feels like the first day and my friend Lamar and I were chosen to perform alongside the Soca giant. As for who supports me I can't thank my family and friends enough its always a blessing and I can count on a small group of friends all the time and I thank god for each of them.


ME:
#4: Let's take this time to let fans get to know you better! What are your hobbies, and what do you for fun?

 Kester:
#4
 I trick isn’t anyone listening? But seriously, I like socializing and hanging with friends, movies, dance, and I write, although I haven’t written in a while, and I cant tell a lie I love meeting women and hearing the 1000’s of ways they can turn men down trust me guys its priceless.

 ME:
#5: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? And what's the goal you want to complete the most at the moment??

 Kester:
 #5 Well in ten years I would definitely be teaching tricking to the up and comers along with the fact that I would be a math teacher like my real father Stephen who said to my brother a long time ago "if you don't wanna teach the children, then who will?" I made a joke at that time and said Smith (Will) but later on I saw big children who call themselves teachers who sat in the blazing heat in their respective schools and expect their now students to do the same and protesting and stopping the education of the future because you don't have air conditioning I cant sit back and watch the future fall into peril!!! I wasn't brought up that way. And to top it all off I'm hitting the Radio world like a Hurricane Kick *made popular by Street Fighter Franchise through the years, because of tricking, that move exists, thank us later ^_^*

ME:
#6: What's the best part of Tricking? What makes it so appealing?

 Kester:
 #6 Although Tricking was born in martial arts, within recent years a lot of interested normal people (we call them Muggles) have come out of the woodwork and thrived to excellence and a lot of that demographic has been gymnasts who are well versed in flips and twists. What makes what we trickers do different to the gymnasts is our style is “revolutionary” that is to say while gymnasts go straight we may go slant and while they use two legs we may use one and of course they use leotards we use any kind of clothing causing us to ‘make up’ moves and push the envelope to make tricking and exciting and wonderful experience. It’s ever changing and it’s so innovative that the possibilities are infinite.

Me:
#7: If anyone reading would like to start to do this, how should they start off?

 Kester:
 #7 Well it’s all a matter of where you live and how far you are willing to go for northerners there is Ryu Ramlochan https://www.facebook.com/pages/JIAN-WU-MARTIAL-ARTS/195767836321
and

 Itachi Pollard https://www.facebook.com/isiah.pollard?fref=ts of Mad House Crew they are based in UWI along with UWI Tricking Society with its President Richie Bansraj https://www.facebook.com/richie.bansraj?ref=ts&fref=ts at your service

 Also Jerome Richardson https://www.facebook.com/jerome.richardson.520?fref=ts
and Jemele Maloney https://www.facebook.com/jemele.maloney?fref=ts runs classes in Eddie Hart Sporting Complex

And also yours truly
https://www.facebook.com/xxcepshun can direct you to anywhere you would like to train and for southerners

Anil Balkissoon https://www.facebook.com/anil.s.balkissoon?ref=ts&fref=ts and Kazure Trickers https://www.facebook.com/KTRTrickers?fref=ts also for deeper south

Enrique Francis https://www.facebook.com/Death.d.Kidd?fref=ts can direct anyone in the south to his gymnastics gym in San Fernando.

ME:
#8: For Carnival do you get much work for this type of "sport"?
Or is it just for the fun?

 Kester:
#8 Fun? It is always about fun till places like UWISPEC decided that it wasn’t a good idea to nurture Itrick and give them a chance to have a slot they previously had but it was OK to promote tricking in their first week of open campus. It was much fun when we (trickers) won in martial arts tournaments but our own grandmaster said ,quote “Black Hawks Martial Arts is not associated with Mad House Crew” then begs for demonstrations which profit him but he won’t promote tricking. Fun is what we do collectively beating all odds and loving it but carnival is my office I’ve worked with the likes of Tallpree, Lil Rick, Skinny Fabulous, Swappi and my surrogate father Machel Montano HD.

ME:
#9: Where do you see yourself in 10years?!?

 Kester:
#9 Well if provided that my knees and ankles are still in working order I’ll still be tricking and promoting it, and I may try my hand at Tae Kwon do for Olympics that will be a test of my grit.

ME:
#10: thank you for your contribution and giving out knowledge about Tricking, so all in all what have you taught about this "Next Generation" interview??

 Kester:
#10 Don’t believe the hype…………………*flips on shades* tricks aren’t only for kids. *csi theme plays*


*I would like to thank Kester for the time and dedication given for the interview!!

 Get in Contact with Kester:


BBM: 2A2876B

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xxcepshun





 Want to learn more about "Next Generation" or Pellau Magazine?
Just like my work and would like to get into contact with me?
Want to be featured in Pellau?


 Phone: +1-868-361-9614

BBM: 276D8A04

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/shivam.uzumakiuchiha

Twitter: http://shivam_da_kid18/

Email: shivamteelucksingh12061993@gmail.com

























Click here to share us on facebook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Business owners Sign up here for Free


Can You Have More Sales, Too?
Helping over 120,000+ businesses like yours raise profits and build customer relationships using AWeber's opt-in email marketing software for over 10 years.
Take a Free Test Drive today!
Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Trending Articles This Week

Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Take a look at our favorite products which are at discounted prices now

Our Favorite Books

Check out these deals

Pellau Magazine. Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

THIS SITE CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY CONTENT FEATURED ON THIS BLOG UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO IT'S RESPECTFUL OWNERS, I.E WRITERS/PHOTOGRAPHERS INDICATED PER POST. IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE CONTENT AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS BLOG PLEASE CONTACT US, PROOF INCLUDED AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED. Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.