.

FIREONE - Soca To A New Level

 The Next Generation

 

 

 

 

 "MUSIC... Its in my BLOOD..."



...Said Mr. Jason Shields, born on the 19th of December 1975 in Sangre Grande he has always shown his musical skills as a youth being involved with various musical activities in school, as well as playing pan. His stage name is "FIREONE", he's a new Soca artist who is trying to make a mark in the music world. I have always supported new artists and said to myself that they deserve a spotlight to show Pellau's fans what they have to offer!

This interview is to let fans and other artistes know who "FIREONE" is; so sit back and get ready for an interview with a man who has a passion for this industry!

(This interview has been done using Social Media as a movement of The Next Generation we use social media to better communicate with persons who are busy or living far away)














ME:
#1: Let's get this interview rolling, how did you get the name "FireOne"? Was it a nickname, given to to you from a friend or relative, or is there a story behind it?

 Jason:
 #1: A good friend gave it to me. He used to hang around in the fire station I worked years ago. One day he looked on the disposition board and saw that the call sign for the Chief was "F1". I did a recording with local hip hop group It's a LifeStyle and my part was credited as being done by Fireone. And the rest, (as they say)...

 ME:
#2: How long have you been into music?

 Jason:
 #2: I've been into it all my life basically: Primary school choir, playing pan and piano. I started writing around 13 but my mother scared me early in, not even in a stern way, letting me know that I can't make a living off of music in Trinidad. So, it became basically a hobby until I joined and started recording with I.A.L.S. (It's a LifeStyle).



 ME:
#3:  Which artists / Genre of music has inspired you?

#3 I love most genres so my role models and inspiration cover a wide range. They Miles Davis, Mos Def, Nas, Heavy D, Marley, Peter Tosh, Elton John, Hendrix, Nappy Myers, Lancelot Layne, the Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Chalkdust, Maestro, Blue Boy (not Super Blue), Merchant, Spoiler, Cocoa Tea... you see what I mean. I can't say I look up to any of them more than the other, just differently.

 ME:
#4: Your new soca for 2k13 "Carnival Tabanka" what is it about and what gave you the idea to make and push it out to the public?

 Jason:
 #4: I'd become kinda weary of soca for a few years but last year I kinda revisited my youth because I really enjoyed the 2012 crop of songs. So after spending J'Ouvert in Port of Spain and having such a good time, the idea of waiting for next J'Ouvert planted the seed and believe that the song encompasses how a Carnival lover feels. So why not put it out.


 ME:
#5: How many Events have you performed for? Any recent ones? How did you feel on stage? Nervous or did you just enjoyed every moment of it!?

 Jason:
 #5: Only the one so far. I actually was the only one on the bill performing to an intimate crowd doing soca for the first time during a Christmas bazaar. Nerves all over. I kinda reached back for some experience on stage to make the experience a more memorable one.

ME:
#6: as an artist and lover of music you must have some favorite songs? What songs have you came across that should be regarded as your Top 5 picks??

 Jason:
#6  None of my favorite songs are soca, it must be said. There all lyrical masterpieces and I don't know if I could fit together a "Top 5". But Otis Redding's "Dock of the Bay" comes to mind. Hendrix's "The Wind Cries Mary", The Kinks' "Lola", definately "Rocket Man" from Elton John. And those four will really be fighting to make the top 5.

 ME:
#7: Any advice for new or existing artists who are having a hard time getting into this industry?

Jason:
 #7: Well, two things: firstly, your work is never done until you've put it out/on and, secondly, especially for new artistes, the real energy isn't to be exerted performing your work but actually with the work itself and trying to putting on. It makes no sense that you try to put out something that is sub-par.

*I would like to thank Mr. Jason Shields  for his time and effort for this interview







 To view FIREONE's song for carnival 2K13 click this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKn6zC7yxGo


TO Contact FIREONE for an event or party:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.shields.988 

 BBM: 21499395

E-Mail: fireone2507@live.com

Phone: +1-868-482-0438




Want to learn more about "Next Generation" or Pellau Magazine?
Just like my work and would like to get into contact with me?
Want to be featured in Pellau?

CONTACT ME:

 

  Phone: +1-868-361-9614

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shivam.uzumakiuchiha 

 Twitter: http://shivam_da_kid18/


E-mail: shivamteelucksingh12061993@gmail.com

BBM: Pin: 276D8A04







Click here to share us on facebook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Business owners Sign up here for Free


Can You Have More Sales, Too?
Helping over 120,000+ businesses like yours raise profits and build customer relationships using AWeber's opt-in email marketing software for over 10 years.
Take a Free Test Drive today!
Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Trending Articles This Week

Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Take a look at our favorite products which are at discounted prices now

Our Favorite Books

Check out these deals

Pellau Magazine. Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

THIS SITE CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY CONTENT FEATURED ON THIS BLOG UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO IT'S RESPECTFUL OWNERS, I.E WRITERS/PHOTOGRAPHERS INDICATED PER POST. IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE CONTENT AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS BLOG PLEASE CONTACT US, PROOF INCLUDED AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED. Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.