.

Interview with Model Crystal De Gannes

Crystal De Gannes was born on November 26th 1984. She is originally from Princes Town where she lived until she was 21 years old. She describes herself as a very outgoing, a bit crazy, very straight forward person who loves to meet new people and have fun but is very serious when it comes to work. Clearly, Crystal is anything but one dimensional. She is an entrepreneur, model, runway coach, creative director and events manager and co-coordinator of Crystal De Gannes International Ltd.
The statuesque beauty began modeling when she was 17 years old. De Gannes lists famous talented women such as Tyra Banks, Imam, Cindy Crawford, Twiggy and our very own Wendt Fitzwilliam as her influences. However, it wasn't merely the allure of the famous that drew her into modelling. When asked what it was about modeling that intrigued her she said, "Primarily, I was attracted to the creativity aspect of modeling."
Her career in modeling has certainly been a long and diverse one. She was featured in many Ad campaigns for companies such as Cannings, British Airways, Nissan, Republic Bank and Tatil. Her experience in runway modelling includes Trinidad and Tobago Fashion Week as well as various Caribbean runway shows. Her work however, is not merely limited to a local or regional level. De Gannes has hosted a documentary on Trinidad and Tobago at the World Travel Market Show in London. She also made it as a finalist in the Naiomi Campbell Glamour Magazine International Model Mayhem Model Search. De Gannes has also been featured in several magazines.
As Crystal and I chatted and I heard about all her experiences, I couldn't help but ask her how these things shaped her into the person that she is today. Her response was "My experiences helped me understand life better. They helped me find myself and now I am able to motivate others to do so as well."
I can see how that would be true. So, what's like, your governing philosophy in life?"
A life without God isn't a life at all. Put God first in everything you do.
Okay, so spirituality is an important part of your life. Where would you like to visit before you die?
Paris. And Italy. And Germany.
(laughs) that isn't one place though! Choose one.
I can't. I just want to travel the world and see as many places as possible.
What is your pet peeve?
I have many pet peeves. Okay let me think. I hate when people love fashion but are not creative with it. I believe that creativity is a very important aspect of fashion.
-What's your favourite movie?
-(laughs) I have so many movies I love! Hmm I would have to say Thor.
 I will watch it a million times and not get bored. Chris Hemsworth is so hot. -Ahh! I know!! Alright, I just have to ask this question. What is your most embarrassing moment?
-I have so many! (laughs) I guess it's the time I fell down the step in front a guy.
-Oh gosh! Ok so describe a typical Friday night. What would you be doing?
-Hmm, eating Wendy's chicken and driving around with my boyfriend.
-Aww, how sweet.
-Yea, we hardly like, party and stuff.
-Ok, so to close things off, do you have any advice for young, aspiring models?
-Come into the industry with a level head, expect the unexpected, don't make it into a career, let it turn into a career for you.
-That's some real advice right there. Ok thanks so much Crystal!

Crystal De Gannes facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/crystal.degannes
Crystal De Gannes Fan page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Crystal-de-Gannes-International/104077306299569

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Business owners Sign up here for Free


Can You Have More Sales, Too?
Helping over 120,000+ businesses like yours raise profits and build customer relationships using AWeber's opt-in email marketing software for over 10 years.
Take a Free Test Drive today!
Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Trending Articles This Week

Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Take a look at our favorite products which are at discounted prices now

Our Favorite Books

Check out these deals

Pellau Magazine. Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

THIS SITE CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY CONTENT FEATURED ON THIS BLOG UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO IT'S RESPECTFUL OWNERS, I.E WRITERS/PHOTOGRAPHERS INDICATED PER POST. IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE CONTENT AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS BLOG PLEASE CONTACT US, PROOF INCLUDED AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED. Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.