.

Aamir the Illusionist

 The Next Generation

 Aamir the Illusionist



 What is MAGIC?


 "Magic: The term "magic" is etymologically derived from the Greek word mageia (μαγεία). Greeks and Persians had been at war for centuries and the Persian priests, called magosh in Persian, came to be known as magoi in Greek; that which a Persian priest did come to be known as mageia and then magika, a term which eventually referred to any foreign, unorthodox or illegitimate ritual practice.


Magic (sometimes referred to as stage magic to distinguish it from paranormal or ritual magic) is a performing art that entertains audiences by staging tricks or creating illusions of seemingly impossible[1] or supernatural[2] feats using natural means. These feats are called magic tricks, effects, or illusions.
One who performs such illusions is called a magician or an illusionist. Some performers may also be referred to by names reflecting the type of magical effects they present, such as prestidigitators, conjurors, mentalists, or escape artists." - Taken from Wikipedia


Intro

 Meet Aamir Ali, born on the 18th of October 1996 in Claxton Bay, he has always been interested in the art of magic since the tender age of 5, his passion and dedication in his craft shows how mature he is being only 16 years old! His street name is "Aamir the Illusionist", and stage name is known as "The Great Danton or just Danton", Currently a form 5 student in San Fernando Central Secondary School, Aamir has taken some time from studying for C.X.C to do this short but informative interview with me.

(The Goal of this interview is to basically promote our local talent and for fans to get to know Aamir a little better, hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it!!! Happy Easter!!)



 Shivam:
1: Magic, Magic! OK so why have you chosen this as your calling? What about these unusual yet interesting professions, made you get up one day and say “Oh I don’t know, I want to pull this rabbit out of my hat and shock the world”? 

Aamir:

1.Well I don’t know where to begin. I started magic very young, when I was about 5, my dad introduced me into magic. He was always the type of guy to do the extraordinary, and well I guess I took that up from him.
He had a collection of DVD's with several magicians on them. Such as David Copperfield and Penn and Teller, Along with a book on how to do magic.
I would sit there and try to read the book and figure out some of the stuff, but at the age of 5 I couldn’t really understand anything. As I grew I started reading and understanding and practicing more and more. Finally he passed down the books to me .When I was about 13 I had my first magic show at St. Joseph’s convent in San Fernando. It was from there I started pushing myself to be a better magician.
At the age of 16 which I currently am, I can confidently say that I know over 1000 and more illusions and enjoy performing for everyone I meet.

  Shivam:
2: When did you preform your 1st magic act and what was your audience’s response?

 Aamir:
2. My first magic trick, if I may recall was done when I was actually in primary school.
At around age 9 two guys stopped me after school and asked me if I could do magic.So without speaking I took out a coin and made it vanish and appear behind one of the guys ears.The guy took the coin from me, looked at it and then ran away yelling “he’s not real fellers!”
I was so intrigued by their reactions that the next day I went to school and performed magic all around my school, it was my way of expressing my feelings.

 Shivam: 
3: Your very young, about to write C.X.C (Good luck btw), how does this affect your craft? Do you spend time studying more than magic or vice-versa?

Aamir: 
 3.Yes I am very young, and I am about to write C.X.C.it is a rough time but I am making time for both studies and magic, although I am confident that my career path will be magic .

 Shivam: 
4: What are your plans after exams?

Aamir: 
4. There will be a lot going on after exams. Right now I am currently working with H-1 (Hype1) entertainment. We have a lot of big plans after C.X.C and very big events and promotions coming up.
 We are organizing for a street magic video where we go around Trinidad and shoot magic and also going to be starting my own show/s  so be sure to look out for that.

 Shivam: 
5: I’ve done some research on you and your craft, a lot of the people who have seen you in action compare you to the likes of Criss Angel, your logo and style, or so they say, they are in full support for you, what I’m trying to say is, what magicians do you see yourself like or even your favorite? Which ones have influenced you?

Aamir: 
 5. Well sometimes as I perform people often give comments like “hey are you related to Criss Angel” or “hey do you learn magic from Criss” but I personally am not a big fan of Criss Angel. I personally like David Copperfield and I think he’s the best but then again that’s just my opinion. But on the other hand Criss Angel is an excellent performer and I respect him to the fullest. But you can say that  I do see Copperfield in me. I just love the way he performs, his charisma and passion for magic was what made made me grow to love it so much. My dream is to one day meet the legend himself and I believe that I will someday. But there are a lot more magicians out there that I love also some being Dynamo Magician impossible, Lance burton, David Blaine, Joshua jay and even Penn and teller, just to name a few. All of these magicians had a significant role to play in making me become the person I am and I owe then my greatest thanks.



Shivam:
6: Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now???

 Aamir:
6. Well at the rate I am going I see myself as a very famous magician. Also I see myself doing magic away on my own stage, probably in LasVegas. Right now I and my magic are making it big everywhere so I predict that in 10 years I will be the person who I dream about being.

 Shivam: 
7: What’s in store for fans later this year? Anything we should look out for?

 Aamir:
7.Yes absolutely, as said before there will be a lot of things that the people of Trinidad should look out for later on in the year. Aside from the shows and hired jobs I also do a lot of street magic for free anywhere I go and I plan on doing something very big coming down later on in the year. Look out you might just see me walk on water! You should also keep posted on my page on Facebook for updates on where I will be after C.X.C. As I said before we will be going around Trinidad doing magic for a video so look out, I might just be in your area!

  Shivam:
8: Apart from magic, lets meet the form 5 student, what are your hobbies when you’re not amazing minds?   


 Aamir:
8. Well I am actually into a lot of  outdoor activities such as rock climbing, skydiving , hiking and even deep sea diving. Since I was a little boy I have always been fascinated by the ocean. I love the sea and when I’m not doing magic one can find me under the water looking at the beauties of the sea or hiking somewhere in the most difficult terrain. Recently I stopped a lot of my activities though because of the risk factor. As I am seeking magic as a career I can’t afford to lose any fingers or even break one. But usually I’m out there jumping into nature. i always wanted to be a marine biologist someday and explore the ocean depths but I guess I’ll just have to settle on walking on top of the water than going in it! I also enjoy nature itself and find myself watching the discovery channel a lot. I do enjoy looking at shows like dual survival and man vs. wild. So in a nutshell you can say that really like the outdoors.

 Shivam: 
 9: The music Video that you appeared in was done by Rat Pack Records? Tell the readers more about the work you put into it as well as the people who helped!

 Aamir:
9.Yes this music video was done by Rat Pack records starring mark and I. It was a joint collaboration with Aamir the illusionist  and Rat Pack Productions.
The magic however was not any big illusions. I did small stuff that you can find me doing everyday so you can say it wasn’t any kind of work at all. The video was a success although it wasn’t my best effects and I hope in the future that Rat Pack and Aamir the illusionist has a chance to do another video where I can show more of my potential. I will be glad to assist them with their effects. I want to say thanks to Jameel and Mark and for having my appearance in their video and also thanks to the camera guy who did a great job.







 Contact Aamir for his services as well as updates on where he will be in Trinidad:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aamir-the-Illusionist/355544714555002

BBM: 2764CA05

YouTube Video (Featuring Aamir) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIJm1jnv4xU&feature=youtu.be

For shows call HYPE1Promotions now called H1 Promotions

Russel:
7947866

Aamir: 3011794

Twitter: AamirThe_Illusionist @DantonThe_Great
 
E-Mail:-aamirisali@hotmail.com
 Click here to share us on facebook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Business owners Sign up here for Free


Can You Have More Sales, Too?
Helping over 120,000+ businesses like yours raise profits and build customer relationships using AWeber's opt-in email marketing software for over 10 years.
Take a Free Test Drive today!
Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Trending Articles This Week

Liked what you read? Have it delivered to your email by signing up here: http://bit.ly/pellaumagsubscribe

Take a look at our favorite products which are at discounted prices now

Our Favorite Books

Check out these deals

Pellau Magazine. Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

THIS SITE CLAIMS NO CREDIT FOR ANY CONTENT FEATURED ON THIS BLOG UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. ALL VISUAL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT TO IT'S RESPECTFUL OWNERS, I.E WRITERS/PHOTOGRAPHERS INDICATED PER POST. IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE CONTENT AND DO NOT WISH THEM TO APPEAR ON THIS BLOG PLEASE CONTACT US, PROOF INCLUDED AND THEY WILL BE PROMPTLY REMOVED. Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.